Did Not Attend (DNA) Policy
Practice Policy on Missed Appointments
Overton Medical Centre agrees that:
- Each appointment is a valuable opportunity for our patients.
- Pressure on appointment times shows that there is a need for every single appointment we have available.
- Doctors and Nurses appreciate that there are times when it is necessary to cancel appointments.
- Reception staff are always willing to help rearrange cancelled appointments. See or ask for our information about MY HEALTH ON LINE.
Overton Medical Centre staff will endeavour to:
- Make best use of appointment for each and every patient.
- Provide a helpful booking service via the Reception Signpost Service
Overton Medical Centre expects our Patients to:
- Be courteous to staff booking appointments.
- Attend the appointment on time.
- Contact the Surgery to cancel if they cannot attend.
- Contact the Surgery if they no longer need to attend..
Overton Medical Centre, on NHS Wales advice, will:
- Monitor those patients who do not attend their appointment.
- Remind patients, by letter and verbally, that 3 missed appointments can lead to removal from the Practice List.
- Remove persistent offenders from the practice list where necessary, to ensure fairness for all patients.